Time Replaces Money.
Another day passes. Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock. I don’t know about you but personally being rich is about having lots of time for my family, friends and the things I love. This is what life is all about.
I remember way back when I was fresh out of school. When I spoke to people about making ideas come to life I almost always valued the idea based on how much money it would generate. Now I value ideas based on how much time they’ll free for me and how proud I’d be to tell people about the actual idea. Back then my dream was to sit in a fancy building downtown. Fancy
buildings don’t interest me anymore. Fancy landscape does. Back then being promoted was important, now being mobile is important. I still want to create ideas. I still wanna work. That haven’t changed.
These are things I hate:
- Standing in line.
- Buying services that cannot be delivered until weeks after.
- Traffic jams.
- Unnecessary meetings.
- Having to wait for the check when I’ve had a great dinner.
- Doing the same thing twice without a reason.
- Having to re-enter my log in details.
- Withdraw cash from a machine 2 kilometers from my home.
- Refueling my car.
- Pick up packages at night because someone tried to deliver them during work hours.
- Having to open letters with bills only to enter the details into a digital bank system.
- Letting go of my calender.
- Cables that have to be untangled.
- Waiting for the bus.
- Waiting for a computer to boot up.
- Lack of power plugs.
These are things I love:
- Tools that filter information.
- Being able to walk my kids to daycare instead of driving them.
- Not doing anything at all, preferably in the sun.
- Riding my bike.
- Spam filters.
- Watching my kids get dressed without feeling stressed by the fact that it takes forever.
- Being online always.
- Having time off in the middle of the week.
- Open and free WiFi
- Paying with my mobile.
- Work on a Sunday if I feel like it.
- Things that automate things I don’t wanna do manually.
The lists could of course go on forever!
I wanna transfer time spent on stuff that can be done quicker and smarter to things that I truly value and personally want to spend time on. I don’t believe work and personal time cannot be combined. Instead I’m convinced that having lots of personal time is exactly what we need in order to deliver that passion that is required from brands and companies today. I wanna spend time on my own choices, not some far of CEO’s choices.
Creating products and services has always been about saving money or time. But today time is more important than ever. People are prepared to pay for time saving products but more importantly – Save us time for free and you’ll have brand friends for life. Think of that the next time you build a cafeteria, invite people to an event, build a car, open a new bank, create a new website or whatever your up to. Time will earn you success!