One of my daily reads – the David Report Blog posted a short one on a new book called The Marketer Who Went Off Consumption by Gaurav Mishra. One of two cool things with the book is that it is a year-long blog-as-a-book experiment in why we choose to consume. Basically Guarav decided to go ‘off consumption’ for a year and then blog about the learnings while doing it.
The other cool thing with Guarav is his list that tells us how consumption will change:
– From brand-consciousness to background-consciousness.
– From synthetic to organic.
– From mass-produced to hand-crafted.
– From global to local.
– From short-term to sustainable.
– From fashionable to durable.
– From valuing things to valuing insights.
– From fitting in/ standing out to being.
– From buying more to buying less.
– From doing more to doing less.
– From multi-tasking to down-shifting.
– From buying to sharing/ exchanging.
– From owning to experiencing.
– From having to giving.
Bang on target!